Your focus will turn to production instead of consumption. You will become a giver instead of a taker. You will see your addiction to novelty and useless information plainly.
The universe will never be more perfectly aligned than it is this week to just do it.
Here’s a list of thing that are being done to prepare:
- Turn off all unnecessary application notifications on my Android phone and tablet (Facebook, iHeartRadio, etc.)
- Turn off all notifications via email and text message from Facebook
- Installed StayFocusd in Chrome just in case I’m too weak during the week
- Clean up my home office so I have a semi-distraction free space to work in
- Know what tomorrow holds (Systems Over Goals)
I’ve decided that since there are a number of significant people in my life out on the road having fun, it would be nice to see what kind of things they’ve been up to, so I’m going to allow myself a maximum of 10 minutes per day in a single sitting to check into Facebook. I am only going to check they’ve posted or tagged me in. This isn’t going to be a scroll through Facebook catch-up session.
This is definitely going to be an interesting exercise… its amazing how many times my attention has wandered just typing this piddly little post…
See you in a week…